Gotcha Covered are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Event Manager for a full-time position with an immediate start based in our Dublin 3 Offices. This individual must have a minimum of 3 years proven experience working in the Wedding & Events industry in a management role. The successful candidate will be joining our close-knit team to organise and manage events for our private and corporate clients. This individual will work alongside the Director & Senior Event Manager and support the entire event process from inception to final execution. This role requires an individual that is comfortable working in a fast pace, hands-on and deadline driven environment, using one’s own initiative whilst also being a key team member.
WHO WE ARE:
Gotcha Covered are one of Ireland’s premier wedding planning, event design & event management companies. Led by Patrick Bennett, the team organise events of all shapes and sizes ranging from intimate to large scale weddings, corporate gatherings, gala dinners, charity functions and private parties such as birthdays, baby showers and garden parties. Gotcha Covered pride themselves on creating memorable guest experiences and this covers all elements of the planning process from concept creation, planning and management right through to event execution and carrying out post-event evaluation.
As an Events Manager, responsibilities will include:
• Working alongside the team to manage existing accounts, build client relationships and will be expected to actively seek new business.
• Liaise with clients to gather information for proposal creation
• Attending brainstorming sessions with the team to generate project concepts
• Gathering necessary information for proposal creation, including materials pricing and information, venue availability, project deadlines and vendor information.
• Development of creative proposals and curating elements of the décor and styling for the event
• To maintain and update shared project management files in a timely and consistent manner
• To research and manage event vendors including but not limited to; venues, catering, lighting, sound, transport, florists and any relevant for each event
• Produce and manage production schedules for events, running orders, staff schedules, crew rosters, call sheets and other documentation
• Managing relevant budgets and analyse profit/loss for each event
• Managing vendor payments and input all confirmed vendor quotations and payment in budgets for each event
• Communicate and respond to clients in a timely, courteous and professional manner
• Attending in-person or virtual client meetings as required
• Coordinating and managing operational and freelance staff as required
• Working with the team to ensure successful coordination of deliveries, load-in schedules, materials, timelines and breakdown schedules
• Preparing onsite materials and documents (insurance certifications, contracts, contact sheet, call sheets, sign-in sheets, floorplans etc.)
• On-site event coordination to oversee management of suppliers, handle client queries and troubleshoot on the day to ensure smooth efficiency and client satisfaction.
• Oversee sign-in and sign out of all onsite freelance staff and approve freelancer and crew hours for payroll purposes
• Oversee site breakdown, as needed, alongside the operational team
• Participating in marketing activities to increase brand awareness and gain new clients
• Research and gather design inspiration for future events and keep informed of newest industry trends
• Support for the wider internal team occasionally taking on tasks which may be outside of the main duties of this role to support the wider team
WHO YOU ARE & PREFERRED EXPERIENCE?
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in an Event Management Role
• Third Level degree is essential. Ideally in areas such as Event Management, Tourism & Hospitality, Marketing, Communications or similar
• Experience working on live events such as conferences, weddings and private parties
• Full Irish Drivers licence is essential
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational, planning and project management skills, including budget preparation and expense management
• Detail-orientated and self-motivated
• Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
• Ability to problem solve and work independently in a changing and multi-tasking environment with frequent deadlines
• Sales experience preferred
• Negotiation skills such as agreeing prices from relevant event vendors
• Ability to manage budgets
• Proficient and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, email composition, phone manner and other administration skills
• Working knowledge of WIX is not essential but an added bonus
WHAT’S ON OFFER?
• A competitive salary based on experience
• 20 annual leave days,
• Days in lieu for overtime & weekend work
• Office located in Dublin 3, accessible by major BUS/Dart routes
• Paid mobile phone bill
• Opportunities to travel around Ireland to fulfil the needs of our clients and the business
• Fun working environment with an energetic team
• You will work across all elements associated with the running of a successful event with the support of the entire event management team
If you feel that we are the company for you –we would love to hear from you!
PLEASE CONTACT CAREERS@GOTCHACOVERED.IE WITH CV AND COVER LETTER